Session I: Thursday, Jan 10th | 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Session II: Thursday, Jan 17th | 8:30AM - 5:30PM
Imperial Room at Rhodes Place | 1 Rhodes Place, Cranston, RI
Held over the course of two full-day sessions, this continuing education program will cover the following topics:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Pathophysiology and Related Complications
- Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests used in the Management of CVD
- Pharmacotherapeutic Management of Hypertension
- Pharmacotherapeutic Management of Hyperlipidemia
- Nutritional Management of Cardiovascular Disease
- Helping Patients with Tobacco Cessation
- Physical Activity in CVD
Nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists can earn up to 12.5 hours of live continuing education contact hours (including 5.25 contact hours of pharmacotherapeutics content) through completion of the course.
Click here for the full course schedule
This course is only held once each year, and space is limited - Register now to reserve your seat!
After completing both sessions of the course participants who are currently RI Certified Diabetes Outpatient Educators (CDOEs) in good standing will be eligible to sit for an exam to earn the credential of Cardiovascular Disease Outpatient Educator (CVDOE). You must be a current CDOE in good standing and pass the exam to become a CVDOE.
CVDOE Exam: Thursday, Jan 31st | 2PM - 4:30PM
Warwick Public Library | 600 Sandy Lane, Warwick, RI